CFO Logo

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Thoughts About Breastfeeding Pillows

I suppose a breastfeeding pillow isn't mandatory if you're nursing, but I knew I'd want one anyway. The My Brest Friend got rave reviews from the books I read, so I put that on my registry and received it from a thoughtful friend. Unlike the Boppy, however, extra covers aren't available for the Brest Friend. And if you're a nursing mom, you need extra covers or you'll be doing laundry like a mad woman (as if you don't have enough stress).

So, now that my son is 3 months old, I have four - yes, four - breastfeeding pillows: 2 Brest Friends, 1 travel Brest Friend, and 1 Boppy. (I don't use the Boppy to nurse, though - a friend wisely suggested I use it to give Alex tummy time because it's not as upsetting to him if he's higher.)

I just decided to use my inflatable travel Brest Friend as my main pillow. It seems more sanitary than the traditional foam Brest Friend because it's made of rubbery plastic. That's especially attractive to me now that Alex is spitting up like a fountain. I've emailed the manufacturer of the Brest Friend to ask that they sell extra covers for the pillows. In the meantime, I have some laundry to do.

3 Comments:

  • At 9/8/05, 11:01 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    I've used the Boppy to nurse a few times now, but I still prefer to use it as a developmental tool for Alex rather than a breastfeeding pillow. As the mother of a two-week-old recently told me, her baby slips between her and the Boppy.

     
  • At 3/15/06, 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Check out My Baby's Nest nursing pillow, you may find you like it better than both the Boppy and My Brest Friend...

    http://www.mybabysnest.com

     
  • At 7/8/08, 7:18 AM, Anonymous Tangela Walker-Craft said…

    After breastfeeding for two years I invented the GoPillow! to make breastfeeding away from home easier. It is the only compact breastfeeding pillow that includes a built-in privacy cover. Because of its design the GoPillow! is multipurpose. It can be used for breast or bottle feeding, as a diaper changing surface, a pillow and body wrap, and more. Check it out at: www.simplynecessary.com. Links to video demonstrations are available by emailing a request to the website (www.simplynecessary.com).

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home