Jul 30, 2005

"More Milk" Products

If you've read my posts on breastfeeding, you know that Motherlove's More Milk Special Blend is a big reason why I am still nursing my son. More Milk Special Blend is a combination of the popular product, More Milk Plus, and Goat's Rue. The Special Blend is only available in liquid drops, which can get messy and tastes a bit nasty. I had to put it in Naked Juice's Green Machine so that I wouldn't taste it (now I use Trader Joe's knockoff, Very Green Juice Blend, which is just as good and more affordable).

The good news is, Motherlove has come out with capsules of More Milk Plus and Goat's Rue, so I don't have to deal with those nasty drops anymore. I've read that concerns about milk supply is the number one reason that women give up breastfeeding, so everyone should be aware that if milk supply is a genuine problem (and often it's not!), then it can usually be fixed. While I'm not a lactation expert, my personal experience is that More Milk Special Blend made a huge difference in my supply, and is the reason I was able to stop supplementing with formula. I definitely think anyone who wants to increase their supply should consider trying it (please check with a lactation consultant or Motherlove if you have any questions or concerns).

No comments: