Aug 12, 2005

Product Review - Black & Decker Food Steamer

I got my Black & Decker Food Steamer about two years ago, and have used it regularly ever since. You might recall that I can't hardboil an egg without it. It's also great for steaming broccoli and other vegetables. You can also make rice in it, according to the instructions, but I have a real rice cooker for that.

I realize that an electric steamer isn't a necessity in the kitchen, and that it's easy to steam food in a pot with an inch of water and a metal steamer or colander. But somehow I find that I'm more likely to steam vegetables in my steamer than in a pot. Maybe it's because my steamer has a timer, or because my metal colander is a pain to clean - I'm not sure. But I am sure that my family eats healthier because of the electric steamer.

No comments: