Oct 3, 2005

Make Your Feet Say "Ahhhh!"

All that walking I've been doing is wreaking havoc on my poor feet, so it's time for a nice relaxing foot bath. Here's my favorite way:
  • Fill a foot bath or large bowl with warm water and add some bath salts, which will help soften the skin. Soak your feet for 5 to 10 minutes.
  • Pat one foot dry, then use a foot file to gently exfoliate the entire foot, paying special attention to the heel. (I've seen two types of foot files; both have extended plastic handles, but one type has coarse sandpaper, while the other has a pumice stone. My personal preference is the pumice, but I have pretty dry heels. The sandpaper may be better for your foot.) Repeat on the other foot.
  • Return your feet to the water and gently massage with a sugar scrub for a few minutes.
  • Rinse off your feet and pat them dry.
  • Moisturize with a rich lotion. Take a few extra minutes to go up your calf and massage your lower leg. My dermatologist recommended Albolene as a super-moisturizer.
  • If you want to paint your nails, now is the time. Otherwise, put on socks to let your feet really absorb the moisturizer.

No comments: