Meatless Main Dishes
Here are some of my favorite meatless main dishes:
- Pasta Puttanesca - Not exactly meatless since it calls for anchovies, but inexpensive nonethless.
- Roasted Cauliflower and Sardine Pasta - Ditto, except this recipe calls for sardines.
- Sesame Soba & Tofu With Asparagus - Look for large jars of sesame seeds in the Asian food section since it will probably be cheaper than the smaller jars in the spice section.
- Summer Couscous Salad - Since tomatoes aren't in season right now, use halved cherry tomatoes.
- Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes - Perfect for fall and winter.
- Tortellini with Spinach Walnut Pesto - Serves 10, but you can easily cut the recipe in half.
- Broccoli-Tofu Stir-Fry - From Cooking Light's "Super Fast" feature, this is a very quick recipe to make.
- Smoked Cheddar and Lentil Burgers - Even Marc likes this meatless burger.
- Kid-Friendly Macaroni and Cheese - This has a nice texture that isn't too soupy.
- Seven-Layer Tortilla Pie - To reduce the number of servings to 4, I use one can of pinto beans and 4 tortillas. You could also reduce the amount of cheese, but I don't.