CFO Logo

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Have You Tasted the Water in Your Child's Sippy Cup?

There have been times when Alex refuses to drink from his sippy cup even though I know he's probably thirsty. I don't always think to check the taste of the water in it, but when I do, it usually does taste funny, which explains his refusal. It occurred to me that maybe the soap on the valves wasn't completely washing off in the dishwasher, so I started rinsing the stuff in the baskets after the dishwasher stopped running. It seemed to help, but we still had the same problem once in a while. Finally, I switched to the First Years cups pictured, which have a built-in valve that avoids the soapy-taste problem. Caveat: I've noticed that they sometimes leak, so I'm careful to tighten the lid and keep them vertical when they're in my diaper bag.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home