Jun 21, 2007

What to do With Those Digital Photo Proofs: Make Personalized Cards

Whenever I have digital photos printed, I get a proof sheet with tiny versions of the photos. I've never been able to bring myself to throw the proofs away, but I didn't know what to do with them either. Finally, I found the perfect use for them: cut the pictures out and make personalized cards with them. This is especially great for grandparents.

The photo to the right is of the Father's Day card I made for Marc. Here's how I made it:

Items needed (all of these can be found with scrap booking supplies or at an office supply store):

one 8 1/2 x 11 inch sheet of white card stock, cut in half the short way
one sheet of colored paper
double stick tape or photo mounting squares
foam mounting squares
proof sheets with the photos you want to use cut out
acid-free stickers and/or pens, optional

Steps:

1. Fold the card stock in half to make a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch card.

2. Cut or tear the colored paper to make a rectangle that will fit on the front of the card. Attach the colored paper to the card using the double stick tape or photo mounting squares.

3. Attach the foam squares to the back of the cut out proofs and affix to the front of the card. (You can cut the foam to fit the photos.) If desired, create a personalized message with stickers or pens.

Note: You can find envelopes to fit your card at stationery or office supply stores - look for No. 5 1/2 invitation envelopes.

No comments: