CFO Logo

Thursday, August 09, 2007

15 Uses for Coffee Filters

I like coffee but I'm not addicted to it so I rarely make it at home. However, I do always have some coffee filters in a drawer, and now I know they'll get a lot more use. This was my favorite tip:
When making soups or sauces. Tie up flavorful, but unedible, ingredients - such as bay leafs, cinnamon sticks, woody herb stems – in a coffee filter and float while cooking for easy removal. The French call this a bouquet garni.
See the full list here.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8/10/07, 6:23 AM, Anonymous Andrew said…

    Personally, I just like using coffee filters for coffee. That's easily the best use. :)

    But another good one (if they're stiff enough), is to use them when putting toys/furniture together. I dump all the tiny screws and parts into a filter so they don't get lost on the floor. Although, an empty egg crate works even better as you can sort the pieces in different areas.

     
  • At 8/10/07, 6:42 AM, Blogger Chief Family Officer said…

    Thanks, Andrew, those are awesome tips - especially since we love IKEA furniture!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home