Aug 21, 2007

Breastfeeding Tyler - Final Update (I think)

See my previous posts on this topic here, here, here, here, and here.

As of my last update, I was up to $657 spent on breastfeeding Tyler, $57 over budget. I've gone over even more, having bought another $110 on More Milk Special Blend and $4 on nursing pads. I think - hope! - that this is the last of my expenditures on breastfeeding, although I may need to buy another package of storage bags before I'm able to stop pumping.

A few new thoughts since my last update 2 1/2 months ago:
  • Target was out of Lansinoh nursing pads but had Gerber pads* on sale, so I picked up a package and they seem to work fine. They don't have a waterproof backing, soI definitely would not have worn them for the first few months of breastfeeding. But now they're perfectly acceptable and about half the price of the Lansinoh pads.
  • As Tyler eats more food, I'll naturally start nursing less and less. I plan to be done with daytime feedings around the time of his first birthday. But I'll let him self-wean after that point (although I definitely plan to be done by his second birthday at the latest!).
*Not available on their web site.

No comments: