Aug 29, 2007

Save Money by Using Your Toaster Oven

My toaster oven may be the hardest working appliance in my kitchen. I use it for everything - baking a couple of cookies, roasting vegetables, baking bread, cooking bacon, and more. I love that it doesn't require any preheating, and it doesn't heat up my kitchen the way my large oven does. This means I'm saving on the cost of heating my big oven as well as the cost of cooling the house back down.

If you don't have pans that fit in your toaster oven, you can do most things with a piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. But you may want to invest in a set of small pans like these:



I have this set and the pans fit perfectly in my toaster oven.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a big toaster oven fan too - it's a quick and convenient way to make small amounts and seems so much easier than using the full oven.

ChiefFamilyOfficer said...

Yup! I'm already dreading the day when it's not big enough for the 4 of us!

Cheryl said...

Lovin my toaster oven!!! I use it ALL the time! I have a pampered chef stone that's small rectangle and fits perfectly in it!

ChiefFamilyOfficer said...

@Cheryl - You mean like a pizza stone? I might have to check that out!