Aug 27, 2007

Save Money on Contact Lens Solution by Changing Your Lens Case

I've noticed that I use up my bottle of contact lens solution a lot faster than Marc does, and I finally realized that it's because he uses a different lens container. His looks like one of these:


I, on the other hand, have been using this one:


The one I've been using requires a lot more solution to fill the well. I just went to the eye doctor and got a free case like Marc uses, so I've switched to that one for my daily use. I'm now using less than half the solution each night. And since this type of case is inexpensive ($1.99), you'll make up the cost of the case pretty quickly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually use the bigger/sturdier ones myself. Yeah they do use up more solution, but I dont' really clean my lenses so I don't go through saline like I used to. The problem I had with the top cases your husband uses is that they never fully stayed closed. I'd have a lot of problems where they'd pop open on their own and spill saline everywhere, sort of defeating your purpose in using them. And once or twice I almost lost a lens in the process. Maybe I'm just a klutz or have really bad luck, but just be forewarned.

ChiefFamilyOfficer said...

Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye on that. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

"eye on that"? Nice pun. :)

ChiefFamilyOfficer said...

Ha - I didn't even realize!

Anonymous said...

I recevied lans case free when I bought a Expressions at 1800contact store on Couponalbum.com..!!