Sep 19, 2007

Happy "Talk Like a Pirate" Day!

In honor of Talk Like a Pirate Day (seriously, I'm not making this up), I present the following appropriately-themed links:
  • These doable pirate cupcakes would be perfect if you're throwing a party today (just buy appropriate toppers at a party store and make sure your guests know they're not edible). Via Yum Sugar.

  • The official Talk Like a Pirate Day web site, including a page on (what else?) how to talk like a pirate.
  • Talk Like a Pirate Day photos on Flickr.
  • The #1 Google result for "pirates" is Pirates!, a site that includes pages on the history of pirates, biographies of famous pirates, and a store.
  • Finally, check out my previous post on throwing a pirate-themed party.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Argh Happy Pirate Day Matey! I thought my mothers group were being funny then I saw Pirate Day all over the internet.
I wonder if Hallmark has a card for this day? LOL

Anonymous said...

Geez, I wonder who makes this type of stuff up? Apparently there's a plugin you're supposed to activate that makes all of your posts temporarily into "pirate speak." Arrr