Oct 30, 2007

Time to turn back your clocks and check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors

On Saturday night (okay, technically Sunday morning), we'll abandon daylight savings time for a few months. But it's not just time to reset your clocks. This is also an excellent time to conduct a semi-annual check of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Dust them, replace the batteries, and press the test button to make sure they work. Check the FEMA web site for more information on smoke detectors (such as how many you should have - and yes, I suppose those are some fake questions). The CPSC has info on carbon monoxide detectors.

3 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I checked my smoke detector last night....I don't have a carbon monoxide detector. Maybe I should get one...

NH Yocal said...

OMG, we forgot already now that we haven't had to change the time. Good to remember. Thanks!

ChiefFamilyOfficer said...

@SavingDiva - They're pretty inexpensive and a good investment in safety.

@Melinda - Don't worry, I posted this and I still haven't done it yet myself!