Nov 14, 2007

Update on those biscuits

Yesterday, I wrote that I was facing my fear of biscuit-making by making a batch and freezing them for today. Well, I baked them tonight and they were great! Marc said they were much better than the store bought biscuits we had last night. And the best part is, the food processor method was so easy! (And cheaper than store bought, too.) I'm definitely going to be doing this again.

A few technical notes: I think using shortening would yield a more tender biscuit, but the butter worked well and smelled fantastic. I baked the biscuits without defrosting them and removed them when they were light golden brown. I was afraid to bake them longer since they didn't rise much and I really didn't want them to be remotely hard. The leftovers are going to be great with honey.

No comments: