Jan 17, 2008

Last night's dinner: Baked Fish

For dinner last night, I made the best fish dish I've made in a long time: Cooking Light's Easy Baked Fish Fillets. It was fast, tasty, and different from what we usually eat. Kid note: My kids didn't particularly enjoy this. Alex, who likes salmon, spit this out. Tyler ate it when I disguised it with mashed sweet potato.

Easy Baked Fish Fillets from Cooking Light

1 1/2 pounds grouper or other white fish fillets
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place fish in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Combine lime juice, mayonnaise, onion powder, and pepper in a small bowl, and spread over fish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs; drizzle with butter.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle with parsley.

Notes:
1. I used thin slices of frozen cod from Trader Joe's in a 13x9 baking dish and cooked them for 15 minutes.
2. To get the breadcrumbs, I processed one slice of bread in my electric food mill, and as I said, the fish was delicious. But I think the next time I will substitute panko for a little crunch.

No comments: