Apr 30, 2008

The 29-Day Giving Challenge: Day 15

Today was Day 15 of my 29-Day Giving Challenge. I gave a very small but meaningful gift to my husband this morning: I took out the kitchen trash.

This is something I don't do very often. I don't like doing it, and we agreed early on that garbage removal would be his job (and of course, I do some of the things that he doesn't like doing).

I don't know if he even noticed that I had taken out the trash this morning, but I do know it made his morning a little easier because he didn't have to do it himself. In marriage (as in personal finance), the little things really do add up. So I was glad I could do this for him.

1 comment:

Denise Mall said...

And it is the little things that are so important. I know when my husband does something, like carry the dirty clothes to laundry or put dishes in the dishwasher - I feel the relief.

Funny I brought the garbage cans back up to their place this week and he was so happy with that tiny thing.

Ahhh Happiness!