Feb 7, 2009

Has anyone read Robert Fulghum's Third Wish?

Ten to fifteen years ago, I really enjoyed reading Robert Fulghum's books - you probably know him best as the author of All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten.My favorite book of his is one that was published a few years later, called From Beginning to End:: The Rituals of Our Lives.(It unfortunately appears to be out of publication, but fortunately, there's a thriving market for used books these days.)

Amazon sent me an email about Robert Fulghum's new book, Third Wish.I eagerly clicked over to read the summary, and was surprised - shocked, even - to discover that it's a novel. And not just any novel, but one with music composed especially for it, and apparently with a unique (or contrived, depending on the reviewer) writing style.

I like Fulghum's philosophy and perspective. I love that he seems to truly care about being a good person. But I'm not so sure this novel is worth reading. So has anyone read it, and if so, what did you think?

Disclosure: I'm an Amazon affiliate, so any purchase you make after entering Amazon through a link on Chief Family Officer supports this site at no additional cost to you. Thank you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes, I was fortunate to get an advance copy from Amazon last September through the Amazon Vine program. To be honest, I didn't care for it, but many other Amazon reviewers did. If you look up the book on Amazon you will see my complete review (Timothy B. Riley), I believe that it is the first one listed. You will also see quite a few other reviews from readers that were crazy about it. It received mostly 4 and 5 star ratings (I gave it a 2). I hope that this helps!

Anonymous said...

I just posted my own review on Amazon. JBINKC
This book is a "don't miss" on my life list, and I'll be gifting it to others. I gave it 5 stars, without hesitation.