Apr 12, 2009

Review: Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner

Last fall, there was a great deal on the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner at Walgreens, but I didn't get one because I was concerned that the spray would shoot into the gap between the ceiling and our shower door. However, when BzzAgent offered me the chance to receive a cleaner and "bzz" about it, I accepted.

And then I let the cleaner sit on my floor until there were only five days left in the campaign.

My delay means I can't tell you whether it really works to keep my shower clean. But I can tell you that it was incredibly easy to set up, and that because we have a curved pipe that dips down, the cleaner sits low enough that my fear of spraying the entire bathroom and not just the shower was unrealized. It's super easy to use, since all you do is press a button. You're actually supposed to not squeegee, because the cleaner needs the water on the walls to work properly.

The manufacturer says that with daily use, my shower will look noticeably cleaner in two weeks. Since we've only used it for three days, I can't see a difference yet. But I'll refer you back to Lazy Man and Money's review of the cleaner, which was quite positive. CFO readers had mixed feelings about the cleaner last year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the long term results for myself!

3 comments:

Lazy Man and Money said...

I still like it quite a bit. The only issue I have is that it does eat through batteries a little quickly. And you can't change the batteries when it's wet, so it sits for some time to dry and I forget about putting new batteries. Just Lazy I guess. :-)

Bargain Briana said...

Ours won't work with our shower because we have a waterfall showerhead and it is so far from the shower that if I put that on there it would spray on my walls!

Joe said...

I've had one in the shower for nearly a year.
In terms of "cleaning", it is adequate, only goes so far if the shower hasn't been cleaned first. With a little upkeep, though, it certainly holds the line.