Jul 18, 2009

Calculating nutrition data for your own recipes

When I was on Weight Watchers, I could use their web site to calculate the nutrition facts for my own recipes. It was very handy because I'm constantly creating my own dishes. But I'm no longer doing Weight Watchers, so I needed a different source for nutrition data.

Enter SparkPeople (where you can keep a food journal, log your cardio and strength exercises, and join a community), and their sister site, Spark Recipes. Their free recipe calculator is easy to use, and instantly provides the nutrition data per serving. You can tweak the recipes to minimize calories, and have that all-important awareness of how much you're eating.

1 comment:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

That's a great tool. What I need now is a calculator to figure out what meals cost because of all the up-and-down prices I get on various groceries.