Oct 15, 2009

Quick Product Reviews: Humidifiers & Video Games

Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier– The one I got at Target looked a little different than this one, but based on the reviews at Amazon, I’m guessing it’s the same model. As the reviews say, this humidifier is absurdly loud, and I would never recommend it in a million years. There are other Vicks Cool Mist Humidifiers and they get better reviews, so just try to avoid the one that's kind of insubstantial - the box this came in was quite light.

Crane Cool Mist Humidifier– You’ve probably seen these, as they’re quite recognizable thanks to their animal shapes. I picked up the frog, although Alex now keeps asking me for the elephant. I like this humidifier because it’s nice and quiet. We’ve had it for approximately six months now and use it every night. I occasionally rinse the tank with bleach, and I regularly dry it out during the day. There are very few hard water stains, so considering how much we use it, I’m quite pleased with how easy it’s been to maintain.

EA Sports Activefor the Wii – As I mentioned previously, Marc and I both like this program a lot. The upper body workouts with the resistance band are pretty useless, at least to us, but we get good cardio and lower body workouts. I love that there are numerous pre-programmed workouts, and that you can customize your own. There are other features to encourage you to get healthy, such as a “journal,” but I haven’t been interested in them at all. Overall, I give this a big thumbs up for ease of use and effectiveness. (Just do pushups to build up your upper body strength!)

Wii Fit– I actually got this several months before I got EA Active and at first I really liked it. I thought the activities were fun to do, but they didn’t make for a great workout. Some of the activities were too difficult to be fun. And they all got boring after a while. But worst of all, I found that it was making my back ache horribly and I had to stop using it. If you want something to do that’s not overly challenging, then the Wii Fit might be a good fit for you. But if you can, try to borrow it from someone so you can decide if you like it before you spend the money.

3 comments:

Mercedes said...

I can't wait to get my EAsActive! I have asked several people who has it and WII fit and everyone has said it is better than wii fit. I am just waiting for my swagbucks to accumulate.

Mercedes

Camille said...

Both my kiddos need a humidifier so I just used some Swagbucks to get the Crane's Frog -- thanks for the recommendation!

Chief Family Officer said...

@Mercedes - EA is definitely better than the Fit!

@Camille - I hope it works as well for you as it does for us!