Feb 22, 2010

Ways to Make and Save Money #8: Instant Cash Sweepstakes

You can read the rest of the Ways to Make & Save Money series here.

Instant Cash Sweepstakes is a market research site that offers cash payouts for taking surveys. The payouts are tiny - 1 to 4 cents, usually per session (you can take multiple surveys per session; the number per session varies). You can cash out via PayPal when you have at least $2 in your account. And each survey earns you "tickets," which are entries into a daily $50 lottery.

Some of the surveys are true market research. Most of the surveys are kind of silly, and written by other ICS users, who get 100 lottery tickets for each survey. And the rest of the surveys are used to gauge your truthfulness - ICS gives you a "TrustScore," which you'll see displayed at the top right corner. I'm not quite sure how it works, since I started with a 9 and now am down to a 6, even though nothing's changed in how I answer the questions.

It took me a little less than three weeks to reach the $2 payout level, and my money was in my PayPal account within hours. ICS definitely won't make you rich, but it's not a bad way to spend a few minutes a day if you believe, like I do, that every penny adds up.

Plus, by inviting people to join ICS, you'll increase your payout because you'll receive 100% matching of their prizes. So, if they win 4 cents, you win 4 cents. If they win the $50, you'll win the $50. In fact, Kimberly of My Good Cents has won $700 since last April.

If you're new to ICS, I'd love it if you'd sign up using my referral link - your pennies + my pennies will help me reach my savings goal that much faster. Thank you!

3 comments:

Sara said...

I used your link to sign up. How will you know if it's working?

Chief Family Officer said...

@Sara - Thank you! You can tell because over to the left, in the "happening right now" section, it'll show when you win a cash prize and who invited you.

Kimberly said...

Wishing you lots of wins! :)