May 27, 2010

Becoming a Flybaby again

A few years ago, I turned to FlyLady.net to help me keep my house clean, but then I got pregnant and was pretty much incapacitated by morning sickness. I never got back on track with the FlyLady system. But I never stopped receiving the emails either.

Lately, I've been wanting to keep a cleaner house. The house is okay but not great, and I feel like the kids are old enough now that I can do more. But it's hard to get started.

Enter FlyLady. In my previous incarnation as a Flybaby (as she calls her followers), I had pretty good success. My biggest complaint was the number of emails she sends out every day, so I took someone's suggestion and subscribed to the daily digest email instead - now I get one email that contains all of the previous day's emails, keeping my inbox clutter-free.

I haven't adopted the FlyLady system as a whole. But I love the concept that you can clean your house 15 minutes at a time. Just having that mindset again has me keeping the house as a whole cleaner, and I'm constantly thinking of how to make the house less cluttered and easier to clean - whether it's getting rid of things or simply moving them around.

If you've been struggling to keep your house clean, I highly encourage checking out FlyLady for some ideas and inspiration.

4 comments:

Farmer Brown said...

so timely, i just started FLYing again too!

Ashley said...

I've been FLYing for a few months now. It's truly life-altering :) Good luck!

Chief Family Officer said...

@Yvonne - Great minds think alike ;)

@Ashley - Thank you!

L. Hernandez said...

If you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, HomeRoutines (www.homeroutines.com) might be a useful app for Flybabies. I don't believe they are officially affiliated, but it does follow the general outlines. I'm not connected at all to the company, just finding it useful to me. I have a morning routine, a Saturday routine, a twice-a-week laundry routine, and the zone of the week routine. Like CFO, I didn't care for the individual emails of Flylady, but the digest wasn't enough to kick me into action.