Sep 14, 2010

Update on my New Year's Resolution: End of August

Back in January, I shared my financial resolution for this year, which was to save a crazy amount of money to create a large cash cushion. I promised a monthly update, and as of last month, we had saved 49% of our goal for the year. But since we are losing my income (which is actually a good thing!), this will be the last update in this series. As of the end of August, we are at 58% of our goal.

I knew my goal was ambitious to begin with, so I'm satisfied with what we've achieved thus far. And by the time all is said and done, my cashed-out vacation time should get us fairly close to our total goal.

Although we won't be able to save as much, I do intend to save a smaller amount each month, and our savings should still continue to grow. It'll just be at a much slower pace.

1 comment:

flybigd said...

Congratulations on saving as much as you did!