Oct 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday: Keeping costs down


Now that I've been home for about a month, I finally feel like I'm starting to settle into a rhythm, if not a routine, and I'm really looking to get our grocery costs down even more, while still buying organic or RBST-free dairy, antibiotic and hormone-free meat, and lots of fresh produce, much of it organic. I'm also looking for alternatives to sandwiches that I can send for school lunch (more on that in an upcoming series of posts). So here's what's coming up this week:

Monday - Meatloaf, artisan bread, steamed broccoli. I think meatloaf will make a great room-temperature school lunch, so I'm going to make some extra meatloaf in muffin tins to stash in the freezer.

Tuesday - Chicken enchiladas (defrosted in the fridge the day before, then baked for fresh flavor), roasted grape tomatoes, salad.

Wednesday - Baked pasta, artisan bread, salad.

Thursday - School event

Friday - Fish tacos with homemade taco shells, shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado.

Saturday - Leftovers.

See more weekly menus at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: