Jan 11, 2011

Must-have Money-Saving Skill: Sew a Button

I think people who can make their own clothes are amazing, and I've tried to learn how to sew, but I just don't have a natural flair for it. It's not that big a deal, although I do get envious when I see Adrienne at Baby Toolkit post her latest project.

What I can do is sew a button back on. It's a valuable skill, since it saves clothes and therefore money. I was reminded of this when a button fell off a pair of favorite shorts and I sewed it back on, thus saving us the expense of buying a new pair of shorts. It seems like a basic skill, but I've discovered that it's not one that everyone knows these days.

The results of my efforts aren't the prettiest, so I'll direct you to these instructions at WikiHow (there's a video at the bottom of the page).

1 comment:

Saving Money said...

Great article thanks for sharing. I really enjoy reading your blog very much.