Feb 14, 2011

Menu Plan Monday: Making Room in the Freezer


As I mentioned yesterday, organic whole chickens will be on sale at Whole Foods on Friday for $1.69, limit 10 chickens. I'd like to get as many as possible, because whole chickens can make for economic meals. And it'll give me the chance to get homemade chicken stock right (my last effort was a total disaster). But this means I need to do some clearing out of the freezer. My kitchen freezer is in pretty good shape, but the freezer in the garage is rather full. So here's what I'm planning:

Monday (Happy Valentine's Day!) - Lobster and steak (already defrosting), Creamed Spinach, Roasted Asparagus, Artisan Bread, Chocolate Mousse

Tuesday - Beef Chili, using frozen beef, with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips

Wednesday - Baked Chicken Tenders using frozen chicken, steamed broccoli, biscuits

Thursday - Fish Tacos using frozen fish and tortillas, the fixings

Friday - Tuna Pasta Salad, using frozen broccoli, Artisan Bread

Saturday - Not sure, plans are up in the air

Sunday - Dinner out

See more weekly menus at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: